Ashia encourages students in their studies. We can accommodate undergraduates, as well as students in their final years, from a wide variety of courses and backgrounds.
Ashia offers internships in many disciplines. These include animal care/ management, conservation, tourism, landscaping and sustainability. Students will be mentored and supervised by our experienced staff. If you are currently studying in one of these areas and need to complete a practical placement or internship, we have opportunities available.
Being part of our internship program provides a unique opportunity to work with our experienced staff and cheetahs.
» Interns will work closely with all our animals – an experience that they will cherish for the rest of their life!
» It is of the utmost importance that our volunteers and interns share our common goal – we always put the animal’s needs first.
Included In Internship Opportunities
• Animal management and husbandry for our animals.
• Interns will work alongside our staff and volunteers, to learn and contribute to the care of our animals.
• Cleaning enclosures, preparing food and feeding the animals.
• Providing public education on conservation.
• Planning and implementing enrichment activities for all our animals.
• Observing animals and assisting researchers where applicable.
• Students will have the opportunity to assist with harvesting and general farm management.
• You are provided two meals per day (breakfast and lunch).
• You will be accommodated in shared bedrooms (allocated on a same-gender sharing basis) and have shared bathrooms.
• You will have access to the communal kitchen, living area and outdoor BBQ (Braai) area.
• Wi-Fi is available both in the accommodation and on the project.
• A minimum stay of 2 weeks is required.