Ashia offers animal care, management, health and behaviour internships. Students will be mentored and supervised by our experienced staff. If you are currently studying in one of these areas and need to complete a practical placement or internship, we have opportunities available.
- Animal management and husbandry for our animals
- Working alongside staff and volunteers, to learn and contribute to the care of our animals
- Cleaning enclosures, preparing food and feeding the animals
- Working on Intern projects under the direction of experienced staff
- Planning and implementing enrichment activities for all our animals
- Observing animals and assisting researchers where applicable
|Internship||Discount||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||4+ Weeks/ |
|South African Interns||(50%)||R7,550||R10,550||R13,900||R3,450|
You will be housed in a single room with a shared bathroom in the Volunteer House with all its facilities. You will receive training material, a manual and 2 Ashia T-shirts. Wi-Fi is available at the Volunteer House and certain areas on the Sanctuary.
A 50% deposit is required to confirm your booking once your application from has been accepted. The remaining 50% of your payment is due 1 month prior to your arrival. Banking details will be provided upon confirmation of your application.
Your 50% deposit will not be refunded should you cancel your participation in the program at any time. If you cancel your booking less than 30 days before your start date, you will not be eligible for a refund of any kind. We can put all money paid towards a different date if you wish to reschedule your volunteer experience.
Fees are to cover administrative work and the opportunity cost of being unable to fill your position at last minute. Once you arrive, if you decide to leave the program early for any reason, Ashia will be unable to refund you in any way.